Saturday 29 December 2018

You Know my Name, Not my Story.


?Don't judge my choices if you don't understand my reasons.

You may have heard about me, just like I may have heard about you. The real question is how much of it is true? You’ve heard what I have done, but not what I've been through. Did they tell you about my imperfections? Because I have many of them. I bet you have been told all about my struggles, but what about my strengths? Weaknesses, I have a lot. But, I choose to focus on my positive qualities because they surpass my shortcomings.

Did you find out that I was a fighter? A lover? How about a bitch? Yes, it's true, I have been feisty at times. A whole handful, I won't lie about that. I'm not always the easiest person to get along with or the simplest Man to love. You see, I strive for the best in life. I aim to be a greater Man than I was the day before. I try to live to my full potential. I'm a pusher, I push myself and I encourage other individuals to be the best they can be.

Did they tell you about this mouth? Lord knows it could use a filter. I am unapologetic blunt and occasionally it can get me into trouble. More times than not, I speak life into others with my words; I bet they didn't tell you that. Have you noticed the way my entire face lights up when I talk about something I'm passionate about? Or the way my lip quivers when I smile?

I've felt pain; I know struggle, and I have been knocked down to my knees. I too know happiness, success, and strength. I am a strong Man. Strong in many aspects.  But, just because I stand strong doesn't mean I'm still not soft. I can be sympathetic, emotional and many things can make tears run from my eyes. When you look at me you see the strength not being able to witness the sweet moments. I'm a sucker for romance. Happy endings and love between elderly couples make me cry.

So you have been told about me, but truly what do you know? You see where I am at presently, but didn't see how long it took me to get where I am. You don’t know the obstacles I've faced or all the times I cried out because I didn't know how much more I could endure. At the end of the day, I am me. I have a story, and that's exactly what it is. It's my story.

Splashy Oluwaseun Rotimi.

No comments: